Apple Cider Vinegar just may very well be a cure all. It can combat anything from your beauty problems to your weight problems, and even your biggest health problems. I first discovered Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) when I was researching how to get rid of a sore throat. With further research, I discovered that not only will gargling with ACV rid me of my sore throat, but drinking it daily could improve my health on a variety of different levels. Here, I will share what I think are ten of the best uses for Apple Cider Vinegar.
- ACV fights off fatigue. During stress and exercise, lactic acid is released in your body. The amino acids in ACV combat the lactic acid, thus fighting off your physical fatigue. The enzymes and potassium in ACV also work to give you more energy
- ACV purifies the body. ACV can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and it helps to detoxify the liver.
- ACV soothes a sore throat and boosts immunity. It has anti-bacterial properties that rid your throat of infections that cause pain. Not only does it’s anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-virus properties keep you healthy, but apple cider vinegar also helps balance the pH levels of your body and helps maintain the body’s natural alkaline state. When the body is alkaline, it is better protected from colds and other viruses that would thrive in an acidic body. ACV also promotes the growth of healthy micro-flora which help keep you healthy and strong.
- ACV promotes healthy skin. ACV works great as a diluted toner for acne-prone skin and as a treatment for sunburns. Mix 1/4 part ACV with 3/4 part water and apply to affected areas.
- ACV improves digestion. ACV helps to stimulate your stomach acid which aids in digestion.
- ACV can be used as a rinse to restore your hair’s natural shine. Mix half a tablespoon of ACV with a cup of water and pour it over your hair after shampooing a few times a week.
- ACV can reduce heartburn. It may seem counterproductive to treat heart burn by ingesting more acid, but research actually suggests that ACV can reverse heartburn by correcting low stomach acid. When your stomach does not have enough acid, it has to work extra hard causing pressure and back flow of the acid that does exist.
- ACV fights off a yeast infection. The natural enzymes in ACV help to rid your body of candida.
- ACV aids in weight loss. It is suggested that ACV works to aid in weight loss through promoting a healthy metabolism and reducing the appetite .
- ACV keeps joints and tissues youthful. ACV is rich in minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium. A diet rich in essential minerals is crucial to relieving arthritis pain. The potassium in ACV is beneficial because it works to prevent calcium build-up in the joints, which is linked to joint stiffness. On top of ingesting ACV, soaking your sore joints in an ACV bath can be beneficial to reducing joint pain. Mix 1 cup ACV with 6 cups of water.
It is important to use raw, organic Apple Cider Vinegar to achieve benefits from using it. It must contain the “mother”, which is made up of the living nutrients and bacteria that make ACV beneficial. I personally use, and recommend, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. Shake the bottle of ACV well, then mix 1 Tablespoon of the ACV with 8 oz of water and drink once daily using a straw (I recommend a straw to protect your teeth from the acidity of the ACV).
I am a graduate of Oakland University in Michigan with a BS in Health Sciences. My studies included Nutrition courses, Community Health courses, Alternative Medicine courses, and Human Anatomy Courses. My studies jump-started my interest in natural and alternative medicine, but my real interest came through my own research and personal use of supplements and natural alternatives. When I am not learning about the world of natural alternatives, I spend my time with my boyfriend of nearly 5 years who I have also put supplements to the test on. I am so excited to be writing this blog to share my research and findings with you and I hope we can all learn something new!